In response to the latest situation of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), services under the Department of Health have been gradually adjusted starting from 29 January 2020.
For the new service arrangement of the 18 Elderly Health Centres starting from 30 March 2020, please click here.
In order to enhance infection control measures including minimising pedestrian flows and social contacts, the Department of Health (DH) advised that clients' family members and friends should avoid accompanying the clients to visit unless there are special reasons to do so. The DH also advised that no more than one relative/friend may accompany the service user. If you find necessary, please contact the staff in the Centre.
For more details regarding COVID-19, please refer to the Centre for Health Protection website.Prevent Pneumonia & Respiratory Tract InfectionTo stay healthy and to prevent pneumonia and respiratory tract infections, maintain good personal and environmental hygiene at all times.
Wear a surgical mask properly and seek medical advice promptly Cover your mouth and nose with tissue paper when sneezing or coughing Perform hand hygiene frequently. Wash hands with liquid soap and water, and rub for at least 20 seconds Maintain drainage pipes properly and add water to the U-traps regularly Put the toilet lid down before flushing Reduce social contact to protect yourself and othersCare-giver Stress ManagementMany elderly people who suffer from chronic illnesses require constant care from their family members. If caregivers stretch themselves too far in the care-giving roles and ignore their own needs, both mental and physical distress may result. A mental status called "Burnout" would emerge if the caregivers could not manage their stress properly. More……
For more information about stress, please refer to pamphlet on "Understanding STRESS".What's New27 March 202019 March 2020
- Waiting time for Elderly Health Centres has been updated.18 March 2020
- Inbound Travel: Points to Note for Home Quarantine for Inbound Travellers from Overseas, Health Declaration System, Restriction from Entering Hong Kong and Compulsory Quarantine
- Guidelines for Residential Care Homes for the Elderly or Persons with Disabilities for the Prevention of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (Interim)
- Mental Health Infostation
- Cervical Screening Programme13 March 2020
- "Drug Safety" and "Nutritional Assessment - Body Weight and Health" Do-it-yourself Health Education Kits are available for on-line application26 February 2020